Got a question? Here are some useful answers that might help.


  • Your Policy

  • Motor Insurance

  • Home Insurance

  • Quotes

  • Claims

What am I covered for?

Your policy wording and policy schedule explains exactly what is covered. If you are still unsure, please contact us and we will be happy to help.

I can't find my policy document. What can I do?

Please contact us for a replacement copy.

How do I change my policy?

Please contact us to make a change to your policy. Some changes may require additional payment and for you to come and see us.

What is a deductible or excess?

Deductible and excess mean the same thing. It's the first amount of a claim that you must pay and will be listed on your policy schedule.

What deductible might I have to pay if I lodge a claim?

Deductibles for home and property claims are listed against a specific peril. For example, if the claim is due to a hurricane or other catastrophe, you will have to pay the deductible or excess applicable to peril three in your HomeCover Insurance policy. For motor claims, you might have a standard, imposed or voluntary excess. Check your MotorCover policy schedule for details.

What do I do if I change address?

Be sure to contact us immediately so we can keep your policy up to date.

What is a No Claims Discount?

A No Claims Discount is a discount on your motor vehicle insurance when you have had cover for more than a year and not made a claim. It accumulates each year you remain insured with us to a maximum of 60%.

Can I protect my No Claims Discount?

Yes, by purchasing Heritage Plus.

After four years of motor insurance without a claim you can earn No Claims Discount Protection for one "at fault" claim every year. This means that when you have an accident you won't lose your No Claims Discount, even if the accident is your fault.

How do I get Loss of Use cover?

By purchasing Heritage Plus.

If your motor vehicle is lost, destroyed or damaged under Section One of the policy, we will pay up to $75 per day, max 7 days, towards the daily rate for a rented vehicle.

Can I get higher Legal Liabilities to Third Parties limits?

Yes,  by purchasing Heritage Plus.
This will give you up to $10,000,000 death & bodily injury any one event, $5,000,000 death & bodily injury to an individual and $250,000 property damage.

What is Market Value?

This is the fair value of your motor vehicle at the date of loss or damage in its condition immediately before the event giving rise to the loss or damage.

What is a modification and how do I advise you?

A modification is any change or alteration to the motor vehicle that is different to the manufacturer's original specifications. Please contact us if any such changes are made.

Who is insured to drive my car?

Anyone over the age of 25 and with more than 2 years driving experience may drive your car with your permission unless we have excluded him/her to do so. Please contact us immediately with the details of any drivers under the age of 25 or any that has 2 years or less driving experience.

Can I insure my son's/daughter's car?

No, not if your son/daughter owns the car. Only the owner of the car can insure it. If you have insured it in your name when it belongs to your son/daughter, we may not pay the claim and we may cancel the policy. If you not are the rightful owner of the car, we recommend you insure the car in your son’s/daughter’s name. This also allows them to build their own No Claim Discount record.

Whose contents are covered?

Island Heritage HomeCover Insurance covers your contents and those of any family members living with you. This can include your spouse, children, parents, grandparents, siblings, grandchildren, in-laws, and even your domestic helper.

Do I have enough insurance?

Your Buildings must be insured for the cost of rebuilding it plus an allowance for removal of debris after a loss, in addition to any architect and surveyor fees.

What happens if my Sum Insured is too low?

If your sum insured is too low, you will be penalised when you make claim. The amount you have claimed will be reduced in proportion to the degree of under-insurance. For example, if the cost to rebuild your home is $250,000 and you are only insured for $150,000 (60% of the value of the home), we will only pay 60% of your claim, less any deductible.

What about special and valuable contents?

It is important that you tell us about valuables such as jewellery, cameras, computers and laptops. Please contact us with any questions.

How do I get a quote?

Simply go to Get a Quote or email us at customercare@islandheritage.com.ky or call us on +1 345 949 7280.

How do I make a Motor claim?

Simply go to Make a Claim  for claims advice, email us at customercare@islandheritage.com.ky or call us on +1 345 949 7280.

  1. Do not accept any liability.
  2. Call us immediately on +345 949 7280 or email us at claims@islandheritage.com.ky
    and we will take care of the details for you.
  3. Immediately inform the police if the insured motor vehicle or its accessories are lost, stolen, or maliciously damaged.
  4. Make a detailed diagram to explain the accident and take photos if possible.
  5. Notify us as soon as possible in writing within 30 days of the date of loss. Be sure to include your policy number, type of loss and location, time and date of loss, and if there are any injuries involved.
  6. Take all reasonable steps to reduce your loss and recover any lost or stolen property.
  7. Forward to us any letter or legal document related to the claim.
  8. Allow us to discuss liability and negotiate settlement or recovery with any other party

What should I do if I have damage to my home and contents?

Contact us immediately on +1 345 949 7280 or claims@islandheritage.com.ky.
Safeguard yourself and property as much as possible. Do not throw anything out.
Remove all undamaged items away from the peril.
Document all damage, taking photos whenever possible.

What happens if I forget to tell you something, or provide incorrect information?

If you give wrong or incomplete information your claim may be delayed or declined.